Staying healthy and active at home can be tough.
When you’re juggling home-schooling the little ones, working from home, signing up for that online course, or simply binge-watching your favourite series, the easy snacks often reached for aren’t always the best ones. Ditch the empty calories for real and natural goodness.
Packed with loads of vitamins, nutrients, and fibre to support your immune system, these dried fruits contain no added sugar, are vegan friendly, and the perfect naturally sweet solution to your daily snack cravings.
If you’re still on the fence about dried fruit, here are 12 reasons why you should snack on goodness you can trust:
- They are great for lifestyle diets, such as gluten-free or vegan.
- Most prunes and raisins are generally preservative-free.
- The long shelf-life means that dried fruit can be enjoyed all year round.
- They are a fantastic source of fibre.
- Dried peaches have 50% more protein than most dried fruit, which means they are ideal for a vegan diet.
- Raisins have the same benefits as berries, which contain flavonoids that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Raisins, paired with a source of vitamin C, help the body to absorb iron.
- They are a concentrated form of nutrients, which means you need small amounts to reap the same benefits as fresh fruit.
- They are naturally cholesterol and sodium-free.
- Apricots also contain sorbitol, which means they are a great snacking option for people suffering from diabetes.
- They are considered nutrient-dense, which means they can aid in reaching specific nutrition goals.
- Some dried fruits, like raisins, have cholesterol-lowering qualities.
For more useful dried fruit benefits visit www.driedfruitsa.co.za. Our clinically registered dietitian has put together a research report detailing everything you need to know about our dried fruit, including nutritional facts, benefits, and portion size.