Recipe by: Grace Stevens
To start she made wonderful savoury sweetcorn fritters which pair perfectly with in-season avocados or a gorgeous soft poached egg. Sweetcorn fritters are a delicious warm alternative to pancakes and are especially good as the weather turns chilly. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or not, this recipe is sure to turn any cool morning into a wonderful one.
- 1 can cream-style sweet corn
- 1 egg
- 5ml baking powder
- 250ml flour
- chopped parsley
- 3ml salt
- 250ml cheese
- oil for frying
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop tablespoons of batter into the frying pan.
- Fry on each side until golden.
- Serve warm
These are great served as a side to soup or as a quick lunch. They are easy to make with kids.