Easter is a time for cooking, feasting and celebrating with friends and family. Let GLAD help make the holidays a little easier with their handy product range and creative tips for Easter fun and festivities!
Enjoy the Easter weekend by making the most of your time with these time-saving tips and fun ideas!
For the kids:
- Let the kids decorate Glad Zip Seal Bags with stickers and coloured pens so each one has their own safe storage for all their Easter Treats. This also makes it easy to freeze treats if they melt.
- Put the Easter egg hunt treasures into small Glad Zip Seal Bags before you hide them, ensuring they are safe from ants, bugs, pets, and rain.
- Write clues on Glad Zip Seal Bags for your Easter Egg hunt, leading to where more treats can be found.
- Making some Easter biscuits or cakes? Entertain the kids with decorating. Turn Glad Zip Seal into icing piping bags. Fill the bags with different colour icing and cut a small hole in one corner to squeeze the icing out into lovely patterns (with less mess).
Remember to line your cake tins and baking trays with GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper to prevent food from sticking.
Buy your Easter Weekend groceries ahead of time to ensure you can enjoy your whole weekend, stress-free!
- Fresh hot cross buns are easy to freeze ahead of time, in Glad Freezer Bags, then defrost the night before and toast on Easter morning.
- Freeze artisanal bread ready for Sunday Lunch instead of rushing out on Sunday morning.
- Prepare as much of your Easter Sunday Cooking as you can in advance.
Keep GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper on hand, it is a non-stick baking and cooking paper that eliminates the need to grease trays and pans enabling you to cook with no oil and less mess.
Traditionally only Fish is eaten on Easter Friday. Here is a yummy recipe for your Friday Night Dinner – serves 1, multiply according to the number of guests.
1 x 100g salmon steak
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 15ml fresh dill, finely chopped
- 15ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 7ml white wine vinegar Zest and juice of ½ lime
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x carrot, peeled and cut
- Julienne ½ red pepper, seeded and cut
- ½ green pepper, seeded and cut
- Julienne ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 baby marrows, cut
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a large Glad Freezer Bag. Add the fish, close and toss lightly to cover. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Remove fish from marinade and place with the julienne vegetables into a Glad Bag.
- Place the bag into the microwave and cook in microwave on HIGH for 1 – 1minute and 40 seconds or until fish is cooked. Allow food to rest for 1 minute in bag before removing.
Season to taste. Serve immediately.
- Package and freeze leftovers in Glad Freezer Bags, ready to be reheated.
- Share leftovers with your guests by parcelling the food in Glad Zip Seal Bags or Glad Tin Foil.
Blend leftover veggies into a nutritious soup.
GLAD products have thousands of uses and you will be glad to have them around this Easter. Make sure to put them on your shopping list to make your Easter a little easier!
Happy Easter from GLAD!
All GLAD products are made for your convenience with the purpose of keeping your food fresh for longer. GLAD – Saving good food. From going bad.