1. Can you please tell us more about your business?
I am the proud author of The Kingdom, A Whole New World. I am also the proud owner of my company, The Media World, from where I work as a scriptwriter and film director. Aditionally, I run a spa in the heart of Midrand, Regal You Esihle.
2. When, how and why did you start your business?
I began writing in 2015, but only published my first work in 2022. I started my business (the spa) in 2018. I did so because of my love for all things beauty! With regard to the media world, it was my love for writing and movies which inspired me to start the company.
3. What is your role in the business?
Currently, I run the marketing and advertising programs at Regal You Esihle. I also assist where I can with the day to day matters in the business. With regard to The Media World, I work primarily as a screenwriter and director.
4. Where did you study and what did you study?
I have studied my NQF5 qualification in Film and Production. Previously, I completed my Diploma in Paralegal Services at STADIO, and I am currently pursuing my law degree.
5. How did you finance your business?
I self-funded all my business! I believe that this is best way to do it.
6. Describe your average workday, if such a thing exists.
I wake up early around 7AM, get my son ready for school. When I’ve dropped him off, I go straight into my various projects. Around 2PM, I complete my work day.
7. How do you balance your home life and your work life?
No work after 4PM! When I pick my son up from school, I knock off. It’s very important to me that I am present mentally, physically and emotionally when I am home.
8. What drives you and inspires you?
My elder sister, Dr. AT Silver (ObGyn) serves as such a great role model for me. Her hard work, determination and ability to push past difficulties has made her an incredible success and she is definitely someone to look up to, for me. Additionally, I am greatly inspired by a good success story! I love to listen to/read about other people who succeeded in what they were doing, fighting against the current and winning against all odds.
9. Where and when do you have your best ideas?
I get all my best ideas when I am relaxed! On a day with not too much going on in my head is when I am able to generate some of my best works.
10. Where and how do you market/advertise your business for sales leads?
One of the best places to market your business, particularly in beauty is Instagram or Facebook. Alternatively, we do word of mouth marketing. We also keep a tight hold on our customers on WhatsApp business.
11. What is next for your business?
I will be printing books for customer consumption very soon! We also plan to branch out in the spa by finding a new location. The Media World will be releasing its first movie project soon enough, so be on the lookout!
12. What advice would you give to female entrepreneurs hoping to start their own business?
If you don’t start now, you’ll never start. If you don’t take a leap of faith, you will never achieve greatness. Business is for the brave, so put your brave face on and do something you’ve never done before! Who knows what could become of it?
More about Natasha
- Neo Langa (Natasha Silver) is a South African author, businesswoman, artist, and law student, residing in Midrand. Born in Gqeberha to Tawanda Silver and Mongezi Langa, she was raised by her grandparents, Pumla and Alfred Silver in Naturena, Johannesburg.
- Currently studying law at STADIO, Midrand, she has always had a passion for music and creative writing and believes that knowledge is the key to growth and freedom. She volunteers at Yenzani Children’s Home, a feat that has given birth to a desire to build her own children’s homes in the near future. Having been raised by her grandparents, she sees herself as someone in touch with the thinking and issues that orphaned children face.
- She wants to empower the underprivileged children of Africa and believes that through the power of reading, writing, and acquiring knowledge, Africa can and will be restored to her former glory; “the knowledge of who God made her to be.”