This month South Africa celebrates women – women who have come before us and laid the path to the rights we have in our country today, women who have and are changing the world, women who are fighting for equal rights in their corner of the world, and finally every single woman! As former US First Lady, attorney, and author Michelle Obama said, “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.”
In celebration of women this month, Bodidoc, a South African body care brand, wants to celebrate every woman by helping them invest in self-love. Bodidoc brand manager Miso Mchunu says, “In a world where many of us are stretched so thin, with more responsibilities falling on us daily, women need to remember that it is very important to keep their own cup full and to invest in their own growth and care.”
Mchunu provides the below self-care tips that she proposes we all start incorporating into our lives and hopefully continue well after August ends:
- Take some time out for yourself to recharge your batteries and forget about the world outside for a bit. For some of us, this may be curling up on the couch and reading a good book, listening to the latest podcast on your list, or binging that Netflix series you’ve been meaning to watch for ages.
- A few hours at a spa can do wonders for your mental and physical being, but if you just aren’t able to find the time, why not create this environment at home? All you need is some relaxing music, an indulgent body wash or bubble bath, and then enrich your skin with Bodidoc’s Tissue Oil Cream and Lotion, with Avocado Oil, Vitamin E, Evening Primrose Oil & UREA – for moisturising, reducing stretch marks, and uneven skin tone. It’s the perfect addition to boost and moisturise winter dry skin.
- Exercise is a great way to boost your endorphins and increase serotonin, the happy hormone. So, whether it is going for a run or walk outside, or if the cold is getting to you, going to the gym, joining a class, trying new things, and challenging your body is a great form of exercise for the body and mind.
- During winter many of us tend to hibernate and by doing so we miss out on much-needed social interaction. Schedule to meet a friend for a cup of coffee or if you have some time a delicious lunch or dinner. Sharing your stresses and laughing are great ways to help you relax and recharge.
- Music is an easy addition to your life that has ample benefits, from reducing stress and depression, elevating your mood, and improving your memory, to making you happier. So set up those playlists for different moods and times of the day and get listening.
Mchunu says that the most important thing this Women’s Month is to love yourself and while doing so, please remember that good skin shouldn’t cost the earth, so recycle your Bodidoc lotion and cream when done.
For more from Bodidoc visit their website