Gift giving is not always easy, especially when the receiver is difficult to buy for, or is someone who regularly treats themselves with items they love. However, when it comes to coffee lovers, there are numerous gifts that can be gifted, ones that can delight the receiver, and if you are working within a budget, ones that will be kind to your pocket as well.
“Coffee lovers know what they love, and they can never have too much of it,” comments Thokozane Radebe, brand manager for Douwe Egberts. “You need to think beyond the standard mug and really open your mind to what being a coffee lover is all about – taste adventures, culinary discoveries and even creative impulses.”
Throw out the overdone mug idea and delve into the following suggestions from Radebe – from over coffee lover to another:
- For those who enjoy a stronger coffee, an Aeropress can be a fantastic gift. It provides a convenient way to make espresso-style coffee at home.
- A pour-over kit includes a dripper, filters, and a kettle. It offers a more hands-on approach to brewing coffee and allows the user to have precise control over the brewing process.
- Also known as a stovetop espresso maker, a Moka pot brews strong, rich coffee by passing boiling water pressurised by steam through ground coffee.
- Decorate their space with coffee-themed artwork, posters, or prints that celebrate their love for coffee. Take their love for coffee into their home décor.
- If you are going to stick with the coffee mug, why not get one with an accompanying coffee mug warmer? This way your recipient will always have a hot cup of coffee to enjoy.
- For a twist, consider coffee liqueurs or syrups that can be used to create coffee-inspired cocktails or flavourings.
- If they’re interested in learning more about coffee, consider enrolling them in a barista workshop or coffee tasting class. This education about coffee and how to make it, will take their coffee journey on a completely different route.
- When it comes to stocking fillers, why not wrap up a 95g jar of Douwe Egberts Pure Gold. This is the perfect size for hiding from the family, traveling over the holiday season and even storing in their desk drawer in the new year.
- A good quality burr grinder can make a significant difference in the taste of coffee. It allows for a consistent grind size, which is crucial for brewing great coffee.
There are many options for the coffee lover, all it takes is some creativity and an understanding of how the recipient enjoys their coffee. Think out the box and there will always be something for you get that coffee loving mom, brother or partner.
For more information visit: www.douwe-egberts.co.za/