The festive season is here, and if you are lucky enough to be going away, below is some expert oral care advice from an oral hygienist on what to pack – plus 7 easy steps for a sparkling summer smile!
1. Best brush? The super-sleek Sunstar GUM ActiVital takes up minimal space and comes with batteries, so there’s no need to pack a charger. If you prefer a rechargeable option, Philips Sonicares stays charged for up to 2 weeks, making them ideal perfect for shorter trips.
2. Don’t let cleaning in-between become a chore this festive season, or let your self-care go out the window. Simply pack reusable GUM Trav-ler interdental brushes, which have anti-bacterial coated bristles and a travel cap to keep them hygienically clean. GUM Soft-Picks are another great on-the-go option and come with a handy travel case.
3. A swish of mouth wash is a perfect final step in your holiday oral care routine, for festive breath confidence. Use an alcohol-free rinse that won’t dry out the mouth – we recommend Dentyl Active, GUM Original White, or Thryve mouth salts.
For a naturally brighter smile, to shine in all your holiday pics, here are 7 simple steps from Ivohealth’s Oral Hygiene expert Dirna Grobbelaar, to help you achieve your brightest, whitest smile – naturally.
1. Clean your teeth correctly twice a day for a full two minutes each time.
2. Clean in-between your teeth every day using floss or one of Sunstar GUM’s interdental tools, such as Soft-Picks Advanced.
3. Go to the oral hygienist for a professional clean (ideally every six months).
4. Use Sunstar GUM Original White toothpaste, floss, and rinse to restore the original whiteness of your teeth and prevent further staining.
5. Use a Sonic toothbrush for extra cleaning power, such as Sunstar GUM Sonic or a Philips Sonicare rechargeable power brush, which is clinically proven to make teeth up to two shades whiter in two weeks.
6. Brush, rinse with water or chew sugar-free gum after enjoying berries, coke, coffee, tea, or red wine. Green tea, white and herbal teas are less likely to stain than black tea.
7. Don’t smoke.