Recipe by: Grace Stevens
Everyone the world over is missing take-out and the whole family is sure to love this birthday treat. Apart from this recipe tasting just like your much-loved local pizza restaurant, rolling pizza is loads of fun for both parents and kids. Top with your favourite pizza toppings and this lockdown party is one for the books.
- 750ml flour
- 300ml water
- 15g fresh yeast (10 ml instant yeast)
- 5ml salt
- 30ml oil (olive if you have)
- Tin of tomato and onion
- 2 finely grated courgette
- 5ml Basil pesto
- mozzarella cheese or cheese of your choice, grated
- favourite toppings
- Preheat oven to 260ºC
- Combine the yeast, oil, and water and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and mix well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until a smooth dough is formed. About two minutes. Set aside.
- Combine tomato and onion, pesto, and grated courgette.
- Divide dough into six balls.
- Roll each ball out with a rolling pin as thin as you like your crust.
- Place dough onto a prepared baking sheet
- Spread tomato mix onto the base and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Serve hot.